Pasta as we all think comes from Italy but that is not the case actually. Pasta goes back and links to the ancient Asian noodles. It is believed that in 13th century Marco Polo brought pasta to Italy all the way from China. Now Italy is famous for its hundreds of pasta dishes but it actually is a descendant of Asian noodles. Well, it doesn’t matter where it came from, however what matters is that it exists and we love it! On that note, let’s learn how to bake some pasta in a creamy white sauce!
(For white sauce)
- 1/3 cup of butter (melted)
- 1 liter milk
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 grated nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 chicken cube
- 1 tsp salt
- 300g penne pasta
- 4 onions (small)
- 4 cloves of garlic (crushed)
- 200g mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 chicken breast (cut into cubes)
- 2tbsp of any chicken seasoning you prefer
- 2 tbsp oil
- Salt to taste
- 400g of mozzarella cheese
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
How to prepare the white sauce
- Take a heavy bottomed sauce pan, heat it for 30 seconds.
- Now melt the butter into this pan and add flour.
- Stir in the floor and cook it well for about 2 minutes on medium heat. Do not let it go brown.
- Gradually add milk. Keep stirring while adding the milk and do not let the flour clump. Keep stirring and adding milk until the sauce thickens.
- When the sauce starts to boil, add oregano, black pepper, salt nutmeg and chicken cube. Cook it for 2 to 3 minutes and remove it from the heat.
- Cover this sauce with wax paper so that a skin does not form over it.
How to prepare chicken
- Take a large drying pan and heat 3 tbsp oil in it. Now add crushed garlic to it and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add chicken and cook it for 3 minutes now add chopped onion and cook it for another 3 minutes.
- Now add the seasonings (chicken flavored seasoning and salt to your taste).
- Mix it well and add sliced mushrooms.
- Once all of this is mixed well, let it cook on low heat on 5 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Turn off the heat and set this aside.
How to prepare Pasta
- Take a large pot, fill it with water and add a tsp of salt and cooking oil to it. Bring the water to boil.
- Add 300g penne pasta to the boiling water.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain off the water. Rinse it under cold water with the help of a spatula so it does not stick together while cooling down.
- Set aside.
- Combine the prepared chicken and boiled pasta and mix well.
- Take a large casserole dish and place half of the pasta and chicken in it. Top it up with loads of mozzarella cheese and add two slices of cheddar cheese.
- Top it up with half of the white sauce and even it out.
- Repeat this whole process again by adding the other half of the chicken and pasta mixture, topping it up with cheese and then with white sauce. Do not forget to even it out once again with the help of a spatula.
- Add the final layer with cheese again and sprinkle some dried oregano leaves.
- Preheat your oven.
- Let this sit in the pre-heated oven for about 15 to 20 minutes at 200 degree Celsius.
- You will know it’s cooked when the top is bubbly.
- Your baked white sauce pasta is ready. Serve it warm. Happy eating!