“The powers of a man’s mind are directly proportional to the quantity of coffee he drinks”- James Mackintosh
Are you also a coffee addict? I mean who isn’t!? Because researches and global surveys say 87% of the world population consumes coffee on a daily basis. Finland and Sweden topped the list for the year 2019. Finnish drink 12.5kgs coffee per person a year while Swedish people consume coffee about 10kgs per person annually.
It is an unbelievable fact that there are over 103 coffee species in the world. Only a true coffee addict can tell that there are so many aromas, variations and flavors in coffee that it would take a person an entire lifetime to taste them all.
What is Dalgona Coffee?
Dalgona coffee is a type of coffee drink with creamy whipped coffee foam on top and warm or cold milk at the bottom of the cup. This coffee was named after a sweet Korean candy called dalgona. It was the latest food trend of 2021 declared by google itself.
The trend was initially started after a South Korean TV host introduced it on screen in the start of this year. This coffee tasted like a South Korean traditional honeycomb toffee snack named “dalgona”, hence the name dalgona coffee.
The trend became popular in South Korean influencers on Instagram and twitter. Later it started trending on social media across the world as it became popular on TikTok.
To make dalgona coffee you will need very simple 4 ingredients which are;
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee
- 2 Tbsp hot water
- ¾ cup of warm or cold milk
- 2 Tbsp sugar
- Take a mixing bowl and add instant coffee, hot water and sugar in it. Mix them well.
- Use a handheld mixer or a stand mixer and whisk this mixture on high speed until it turns into fluffy foam. It might take 2 to 4 mins.
- (If you do not have these tools you can use a spoon and beat the mixture about 400 times. This will do the trick!)
- If you prefer cold coffee, add some ice cubes in a mug and pour the milk over it. Scoop some whipped coffee and add it on top of the milk. If you prefer a hot coffee, warm the milk add it in the mug and pour some whipped coffee over it.
In the times of Covid-19 we have been staying in our homes, practicing our social distancing and isolating ourselves with the outer world. This has stopped us from going out and having a cup of coffee like we used to everyday. This simple guide to make delish coffee at home can help you satisfy your craving for coffee. So let us make some coffee and binge watch some Netflix while we are at it! Happy coffee-ing! 🙂